Willoughby Civic League General Meeting
May 11, 2023
The Willoughby Civic League meeting May 11,2023 started at 7:00 pm
- After Don greeted attendees, the meeting proceeded with the pledge, prayer
- Officer Tomko gave crime stats
- 1549 Chela –owner has asked for 90 more days to bring property to code. New completion date August 1.
- Charlie Fleetwood from OV Museum is looking for volunteers. Charlie will be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday if anyone wants to sign up.
- Suzy Allen presented new By-Laws
- Richard Hahn & Brenda from OV Business Assoc went over OV Clean Up Campaign , matching grant program. Each community must apply for their own grant & must have a plan of what it will be used for.
- They also spoke of the Mermaid Festival on June 3.
President – Rusty West (will take over beginning June meeting)
Vice President – Peter Bice
Treasurer – Bob Childers
Secretary – Vacant
Code Enforcement – Ron Beszczad
Ways & Means – Marilyn Lipieko
Community Activities – Lea Ann Ewell
Membership – Tammy Barker
Communication – Suzy Allen
Community Reports were given for Membership, Treasurer, Community Activities
- We have 208 members at present
- Flea Market has rented 27 of 84 available spaces
Presentation given from STR owners (presenter for 1105 Little Bay was neighbor of the owner)
718 W Ocean View Ave- oppose – 3 do not oppose – 39
1105 Little Bay – oppose -17 do not oppose – 19
Stephen Lehman spoke about Clean the Bay June 3 He will be at the &-11 at 4th View at 8:30 for anyone wanting to pick up trash in that area
The American Legion will also be hosting anyone wanting to clean the beach from the 9th View public access to the OV Fishing Pier starting at 9:00am
The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:20pm